Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sailor style (again) with self-made sky blue pants – Estilo marinheiro (uma vez mais) com calças azul-céu feitas por mim


Hi dear readers and friends, today’s outfit features another pair of pants made by me last weekend (using the same pattern as these other self-made pants). These look a lot more flared because the fabric (stretch woven) has more body. I’m wearing the pants with a breton stripe sweater and my old white leather jacket, accessorizing with bright orange shoes and bag. The necklace was a gift from M., it's a souvenir from one of his business trips to South Africa. I wore this outfit for going out to have lunch with my father today. You all have a wonderful day and thank you so much for visiting!

ETA: The sewing review of the pants has been published here.

---

Viva queridos leitores a Amigos, o conjunto de hoje é composto por mais umas calças feitas por mim no último fim-de-semana (usei o mesmo molde destas outras calças que fiz). Comparadas com as outras, estas parecem mais largas, mas o efeito deve-se sobretudo ao tecido que tem mais “corpo” (é uma sarja com elasticidade). Estou a usar as calças com uma sweater às riscas e a minha jaqueta de couro branca (bastante antiga), acessorizando com sapatos e bolsa em laranja-vivo. O colar foi um presente que o M. me trouxe de uma das suas viagens em serviço à África do Sul e gosto bastante dele. Usei este conjunto para ir almoçar com o meu pai a Ovar hoje. Tenham todos um ótimo dia e muito obrigada por aparecerem por aqui!

Editado para acrescentar: o artigo de costura das calças foi publicado aqui.



13 comments:

  1. Wow you've got great talent Tany. I am in love with the pants. It's gorgeous and chic. Love the marine look on you and the orange touch is just the icing on top. I am in love with your sunglasses, so cool!! Amazing bag!
    kisses darling
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Lenya! I've been sewing for myself (as a hobby) since my teens,... It's really wonderful to be able to produce one of a king garments for myself. The glasses are from Massimo Dutti and I've own them for a couple of years,... They are my favorite so I wear them a lot! The bag was bought with a huge discount at an online outlet website.Thank you so much for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Dear Theresa! This pants has a beautiful blue color and this type of pants makes you long -long leg, but you know that. :)) Love the pop of orange, the bag looks so perfect piece. I'm always in trouble with shoes, because if I decide what to wear I have no shoes to that outfit , it is so hard. And the same with bags. But you wear always the perfect shoes and bags to your outfit! You are so talented! Love it!! (Last week we had a little vacation in Italy with the children , so I couldn't write comments.:)) xx
    Eszter

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my darling friend!! Missed you! Yes, I own too many shoes according to M.,... I guess I suffer from the Carrie Bradshaw syndrome, lol! A woman cannot have too many shoes In my opinion... So I keep getting more :).
      Hope you enjoyed your vacation and I'm sure you had a great time! I've been in Italy a few years ago and I loved it, it was the best vacation time in my life!
      Many hugs!

      Delete
  3. Hello my gorgeous Tany!
    How are you darling? Hope your week had a nice start! That was my instant guess as soon as I saw your pants, the shape is so reminiscent of the ones your wore as a set, you did another amazing job, the pants are absolutely gorgeous and hold the shape perfectly. Love the color choice: very bright, fresh and playful, especially stripes, just perfect match altogether! You look absolutely stunning my friend!
    We are having a spell of bad weather again for this whole week :( but hope this is not the case where you are my sweetie! Love you Tany!!! Lots of kisses and biggest hugs from a very good friend of yours!!! <3333333 xoxoxoxox
    Zhanna
    www.stylehenge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling friend, forgive me for replying so late... I was caught up with errands and a few set backs at home, but it's all solved right now :). I love these pants too, but as soon as I got home yesterday I had to fix them because they were a little bit large at the waist (am I getting thinner?). I had to take almost an inch out at the back seam because the pants kept dropping down on me...
      The weather here has been a little erratic; the sun is in and out and we are having occasional showers, but at least it's not cold for now,...
      Thank you so much for dropping by my friend, I always look forward to hearing from you!!! Lots of love to you my darling <33333333333

      Delete
  4. Hi Tany, I am simply charmed by this classy and graceful outfit, the pants are a fantastic fit, I like the wide legs, I am far too short to wear it myself but you carry it off beautifully. The bright shoe and bag are stunning with it. Thanks for your support over at mine, hope you're having a great week so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Tany, me again! just checked again on your blog, wish you a nice day tomorrow! kisses and hugs sweetie! <33333

    Zhanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again Zhanna dear!!! I was busy last night and couldn't reply to your lovely comment,... I also saw that you have a new post up, I'll come by to read it shortly after replying to all the comments!!! "See" you soon, my darling!

      Delete
  6. Gosto imenso destas calças! O conjunto ficou super bem!

    bjs

    Mónica

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous - I love how the pockets extend into the seam with topstitching. And the drape of the pants is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Obrigada por partilharem o que pensam!